- Copyright Questions: Assistance with questions on a variety of copyright issues, including fair use, classroom guidelines and how to obtain permissions for scholarly publications, including identifying copyright holders. Please send questions to email@example.com.
- Author Agreements & Book Contracts: Assistance with author agreements, including ensuring compliance with the Public Access Policies for peer-reviewed articles resulting from NIH, NSF or other grant funded research.
- Think Tech: A service of the TTU Libraries to make faculty articles openly accessible to the world. Please contact us to review a CV or list of journal articles for inclusion in ThinkTech.
- Open Access Publishing Fund: A fund of $25,000 has been allocated by the Office of the Vice President for Research to provide funds for Texas Tech authors to publish in eligible open access (OA) journals and books when no alternative funding is available. Faculty and currently enrolled students who meet VPR criteria are all eligible to apply for funds.
- Digitization Advisory: Copyright and access considerations for digitization projects.
- Workshops: The Scholarly Communications Office will provide specialized workshops tailored to a particular focus or topic upon request. For more information or to arrange a consultation, please contact the Scholarly Communications Office.
The Scholarly Communications Office provides information about copyright and scholarly communications. However, the office does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please consult the Office of General Counsel. Questions about patents and the commercialization of intellectual property, please consult the Office of Research Commercialization.