Local Universities and Colleges
To promote and facilitate scholarly research and communication among members of their faculties, the university research libraries (members of the Association of Research Libraries) of OCLC have established a program to provide broader access to scholarly materials. Under the aegis of the Research Libraries Advisory Committee to OCLC (RLAC), the libraries have developed an agreement to extend library privileges to faculty members of other research universities that are ARL members.
A list of participating institutions that provide borrowing privileges via the Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program can be obtained at the circulation desk or at the following link. http://www.arl.org/membership
The program generally applies to the faculty based on the main campus of the participating institution. The home institution determines who is eligible for a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card. The lending library determines whether the card will be accepted for on-site use and/or borrowing.
How to Participate
Materials may be used on the premises of the owning library or may be borrowed, depending on the policies of the lending library.
Privileges vary from institution to institution. Faculty members intending to visit a participating library should ask their home libraries to check online in the OCLC Name-Address Directory for the limitations and relevant policies and practices of the prospective lending library.
A faculty member from an institution participating in the Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program may request a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card from the home library. To borrow materials, the visiting faculty member must present the Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card and any other identification the lending library requires at the main campus library of any participating institution.
Responsibilities of Patrons
- Ask the home library to check the OCLC online Name-Address Directory record for information pertinent to the institution they plan to visit.
- Present identification when requesting a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card from the home library and show that card, along with other required identification, when borrowing materials from another library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials, in person or by mail, within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately, in person or by express mail, if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay any and all fines or other charges incurred due to late return of materials or damage to materials.
Please note that a participating institution may revoke the privileges of its own faculty members when the patron has a delinquent account. Patrons with delinquent accounts at a participating library may not be able to borrow items from another institution.
- South Plains College
- Lubbock Christian University
Please contact the Circulation Department for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 742-2265.