Hold/Recall Request Policy and Procedure
- Search for the book in the catalog (by browse or keyword search).
- Click on the Location (Call No.) entry to bring up the holdings screen.
- Click on Request Hold/Recall in the left-hand column on the Holdings page.
- If you HAVE already signed in to the catalog, the Hold/Recall Request page will open. If you have not signed in, you will need to sign in to the login screen with your User ID/Barcode and Verification-password. Your User ID is a 14 digit number located on the back of your TTU Student/Faculty/Staff ID (also known as the barcode). The 14 digit number starts with 21295. If you have a library card, this number should be located on the front of the card. The verification-password (also known as the PIN) is the last four digits of your Banner ID number (the R number on your student ID), or a number you created/chose. If you have problems logging into your account, please contact the Circulation Department at (806) 742-2265 or email us at email@example.com.
- On the Hold Request page you may specify the date when you no longer need the book. Please note that it often takes at least a week for recalled items to be returned to the Library. If the item is returned after the date that you specified you no longer need it, you will not be notified and your lapsed hold will be deleted.
- Click on the Go button to submit your request. The Full View of Record page will reload with the message Hold/Recall request was successful. You will be notified by email when the item is available for pick-up at the University Library, to confirm that your request was placed successfully.
- There is a limit of 10 active hold/recall requests at a time.
- If you have a book on your account that has been recalled (you will receive an email notifying you of this), you will have approximately seven days to return it. If you have questions, please contact the Circulation Department at (806) 742-2265 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.