How do I place a hold/recall request via the catalog?
- Search for the book in the online catalog (by browse or keyword search).
- Click the Location (Call No.) link to view the Holdings page.
- Click the "Request Hold/Recall" link in the left-hand column on the Holdings page.
- Sign in to your library account using your User ID/Barcode and Verification.
Your "User ID/Barcode" is the barcode on the back of your Texas Tech University ID Card or Library Card. The Verification is the last 4 digits of your R number on the front side of your University ID Card.
If you created your own verification number for your library account, use that verification number here.
- On the Hold Request page you may specify the date when you no longer need the book. Please note that it often takes at least a week for the recalled material to be returned to the Library. If the item is returned after the date that you specified you no longer need it, you will not be notified and your request will be deleted.
- Click the Go button to submit your request.
The Full View of Record page will display the message "Hold/Recall request was successful. You will be notified by email when the item is available for pick-up at University Library," to confirm that your request was placed successfully.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 806-742-2265 if you have questions about this process.