Terms and Conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions in order to reserve studio time at Crossroads Recording Studio.
- Students, faculty and staff of TTU must have a major role in any group performances in order to use the recording studio.
- Cancellations and changes to studio bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you are more than 20 minutes late to a scheduled recording session and do not notify the recording staff by email, your session is subject to cancellation.
- Respect fellow musicians and engineer/producer in the studio at all times. We respect all clients and strive to accomodate your every musical need. However, we reserve the right to dismiss anyone who lacks any respect thereof.
- No alcoholic beverages, smoking (including e-cigarettes), or illegal/illegally obtained substances are allowed on the premises.
- All beverages brought in the studio must have a lid and be kept away from all studio equipment.
- Clean up after yourselves and throw your trash away.
- No fighting or violence is allowed in the studio. Failure to comply will result in removal from the studio and potential notification of law-enforcement.
- Quiet on the set! If you are in the studio and you are not recording, be respectful of those who are.
- Be respectful of studio equipment and handle it with care. Any person other than the studio staff dismantling, abusing, marring or damaging any piece of gear or any part of the studio will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will be subject to a temporary or permanent ban from the use of the studio. Further, persons will be responsible for any other fines and/or penalties in accordance with Texas Tech University Policies, and if applicable Texas State Law.
- Any theft of property either directly related to or indirectly related to the studio will be prosecuted at the full extent of the law.
- It is strictly forbidden that any student, faculty, or staff be allowed to act as a "recording engineer" for any part of any session or project.
- Each student is responsible for their own equipment including any guest's equipment. The recording studio staff will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all equipment is protected. In the event of a natural disaster and/or catastrophe, Texas Tech University will not be held liable for any student or guest gear or equipment inside or adjacent to the Crossroads Recording Studio.
- Texas Tech University does not claim any ownership of material created and recorded in the Crossroads Recording Studio. Nor does it necessarily reflect the opinions and policies of Texas Tech University unless a project is specifically created by and for Texas Tech University.
- Clients are responsible for procuring permissions to record any material that is subject to copyright.
- Patrons will be responsible for obtaining a back-up of their project data once their project has been finished or they have ceased recording for 6 months. The studio does not keep back-ups of finished projects or projects that have not been in progress for 6 months unless it has been requested by the patron.
- Sexual Harassment will not be tolerated. Sexual Harassment Policy