Online Image Collections
Image Collections at the TTU Libraries
ARTstor - a subscription database of over one million images of art, architecture, and other subjects.
Architecture Image Collections - these collections include over 150,000 high quality images of art, architecture and design, with extensive descriptive information. The collections include:
- Architecture Illustrations - plans, sections, elevations, perspectives and axonometric views of architecture from antiquity to the present.
- Archivision Architecture Images - 60,000 images representing Ancient to Modern architecture, art and related subjects, including extensive documentation of each site. Includes landscapes, public art and other design. This collection was funded in part by a grant from the Helen Jones Foundation.
- Scholars Resource Art & Architecture Images - 80,000 images encompassing the art, architecture and culture of Western and Eastern civilizations. This collection was funded in part by a grant from the Helen Jones Foundation.
- Lahib Jaddo Vernacular Architecture of the Middle East - images of the Kirkuk Citadel in Iraq, taken by College of Architecture professor Lahib Jaddo.
- The Raimund McClain European Architecture Slides Collection - 500 images of notable 20th century architecture in Europe, photographed by former College of Architecture faculty member Raimund McClain.
- Javier Gomez Collection - 3,000 images of architecture, focusing on Spain and Mexico
These images are under US Copyright protection. They may be used for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only; they may not be published in any form without prior permission from the image provider.
For any questions about the image collections, or to report any errors or inaccuracies please contact Melanie Clark at
For examples of how to cite an image in a paper, see the University of Cincinatti's "How to Cite an Image".
More Images on the Web
ArchDaily - an online source of continuous information for a growing community of thousands of architects searching for the latest architectural news: projects, products, events, interviews and competitions among others.
Architecture Week Great Buildings Collection - searchable by building, architect and place, this site includes images, commentaries and 3D models of thousands of architectural works.
Art Historical Images of Sculpture and Architecture from Pre-historic to Post-modern - a digital image collection at Bluffton University.
Asian Historical Architecture - browsable by location or through an interactive map of the continent of Asia, this site includes nearly 10,000 images of architectural sites in 18 countries, along with background information.
Cities and Buildings Database - a collection of digital images of buildings and cities drawn from across time and throughout the world, from the University of Washington.
SPIRO - the online image database of the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley.
Yale Silk Road Database - a collection of 6,000 photographs taken by Yale faculty and students along the Silk Road.