2. Texas Tech University Libraries maintains its Web sites as an information resource and service for the public.
Personally Identifiable Information
The Library maintains personally identifiable information about library users. This includes, but may not be limited to:
- Reference interviews (including e-mail and online chat sessions such as those conducted using the QuestionPoint online reference service)
- Circulation records
- Document Delivery (Interlibrary Loan) records, and
- Other personally identifiable uses of library materials, facilities, or services.
We will use the personally identifiable information only to maintain your library account and respond to your requests. The information is retained only for the duration required by record retention time laws, and is not made available to any other entity outside the Library except as required by law.
Web Server Logs
Texas Tech University System uses log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information may be collected for this analysis including, but not limited to:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" - The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
Information you send over the Internet is not always secure. However, the security of the information that you provide to us is very important to us. Personally identifiable information you send to us from online forms is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer protocol) technology. This provides increased security for the information while it is traveling over the Internet. Once the library receives the information, only authorized library staff may access personally identifiable information stored in the library's computer systems, and then only for the purpose of performing library work.
This website contains links to websites and licensed databases, journals and other resources that are owned and maintained by third parties outside of Texas Tech University. The Texas Tech University Libraries are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these external web sites.
Content Disclaimer: Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information on the Texas Tech University Libraries' web sites, the University Libraries do not represent, guarantee, or warrant that all information provided is accurate, complete, current, or suitable for the viewer's purposes. Texas Tech University Libraries specifically disclaim any and all liability for claims or damages that may result from its web sites or information contained therein.
Link Disclaimer: The Texas Tech University Libraries do not accept responsibility for the content of sites accessible through the Internet, nor are the Libraries responsible for content of sources accessed through links on Libraries' web pages. A link from a Texas Tech University Libraries' web site in no way implies authorization or endorsement of that site by the University Libraries. Furthermore, the University Libraries do not accept responsibility for the content of web sites maintained by third parties and linked to University Libraries' web sites.
Subject to Change Disclaimer: Information on official Texas Tech University Libraries' web sites is subject to change without prior notice.